Last updated: November 17th, 2022
Welcome to the websites, applications and services provided through www.thegoodnewsroom.org (the “Site”) by Ecclesiastical Communications Corporation, a New York not-for-profit corporation (“ECC”). These terms govern your access and of the Site.
Accessing the site and account security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Site, and any service or material we provide on the Site, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entirety of the Site, to users.
If you choose, or are provided with a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Site or portions of them using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security.
Reprints and Permissions
If you would like to request use of The Good Newsroom’s copyrighted and trademarked content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual Propety Rights
The Site and all of its contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, articles, essays, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by ECC, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You must not:
• Modify copies of any materials from the Site.
• Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
• Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Site.
• Reverse-engineer or otherwise attempt to steal the software code of the Site.
Linking to website and social media features
Prohibited uses of the site
• In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation.
• For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising, promotional, or otherwise unsolicited material, including but not limited to any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
• To impersonate or attempt to impersonate The Good Newsroom employee, an ECC employee, an Archdiocese of New York employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using their addresses or screen names).
• To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by use, may harm The Good Newsroom or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
• To monitor, scrape, index, or otherwise copy any of the material on the Site by means of any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means, regardless of whether such use may be considered a fair use under United States copyright law.
Additionally, you agree not to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site, including but not limited to:
• Use the Site in a manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site;
• Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site; introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Site; or
• Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or distributed denial-of-service attack.
Engaging in a prohibited use of the Site may result in civil, criminal, and/or administrative penalties, fines, or sanctions against the user and those assisting the user.
Disclosure, Monitoring, and Enforcement Related to user contribution
We have the right to:
• Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any reason or no reason in our sole discretion.
• Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
• Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE GOOD NEWSROOM, ECC, THE ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK, AND THEIR AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot and do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Site and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or non-performance of the activities described in this section.
Content Standards for user contributions
These Content Standards apply to any and all User Contributions. You are responsible for your own User Contributions, and you agree that, to the best of your knowledge, your User Contributions will be truthful and accurate. Do not make User Contributions that involve the following:
• Harassment, defamation, threats, stalking, bullying, or violations of the legal rights of others
• Illegal activities
• Impersonation of any person or entity, or falsely state or misrepresent you affiliation with a person or entity
• Infringement of another intellectual property of any type, including but not limited to, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights
• Obscene, vulgar, bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive language or images
• Commercial advertising
• Securities for sale, barter, or exchange
• Gambling, contests, chain letters, “pyramid schemes,” or “multi-level marketing” schemes
• Violations of any applicable local, state, national, or international law in connection with your use of the Site
• Personally attacking the author or producer of a post or other users
Furthermore, you agree that, if a third party claims that any User Contribution you have contributed to the Site is unlawful, you will bear the full burden of establishing that the User Contribution complies with applicable laws.
How to report violations
Do not rely on information posted
The content of the Site is offered for general information, discussion, and entertainment purposes only.
Some of the content is unmoderated and reflects the personal opinions of users. You should be skeptical about any information on the Site because the information may be offensive, harmful, and/or wrong. Neither the content of the Site, nor the links to other websites contained therein, are routinely moderated, screened, approved, reviewed, or endorsed by The Good Newsroom, ECC, the Archdiocese of New York, or any affiliated person or entity.
We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information on the Site. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance place on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Site may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by The Good Newsroom, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. Such materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Good Newsroom. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Age and user contribution removal
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
Choice of law and forum
Waiver and Severability
Notice of Infringement Form